Run Coaching Consultation
Expiration Date for unused consultations: 1 month after purchase. There are no refunds for Consultations once purchased.
Who is this for?
(1) Run Coaching Consultations are for those who would like to know if they are setting realistic goals. Do you want to better understand your potential before building your own training plan? Do you want your recent past training history reviewed to help set expectations for an upcoming race? This service is for you.
(2) Run Coaching Consultations are required by all new Run Coaching Program clients to determine readiness to train and to set personalized expectations.
Be advised there may be a waitlist for the Run-Coaching Program of your choice if my roster is a capacity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to start ASAP and want to determine roster availability before you purchase an assessment.
Who is this NOT for?
- If you currently are injured training cannot begin until after you are medically cleared. I cannot accept injured athletes.
- If you have a personal or significant family history of any serious medical issues you will need to provide recent medical clearance from a treating source in order to being train with me.
- I do not specialize in training through pregnancy. You will be advised to find a coach with specialized expertise.
- Although cross training may be part of an endurance training program, I cannot accept athletes who are training for Multi-Sport Races. I do not specialize in multi-sport training/coaching. You will be advised to find a tri-coach.
- I cannot accept endurance athletes training for race goals who are not able to provide adequate time to train towards those goals. In general we need at least 20 weeks for marathon so reach out no later than 24 weeks before your goal marathon race. We also will need to build up to 7 hours of training time by peak week. If you don't have the ability to find time to train for your marathon, you may want to consider a shorter race.
If you have any questions about your limitations or your readiness to begin, please email me (shannon@CreatingMomentumCoaching.com) prior to purchasing this Consultation. I would like you to avoid any unnecessary labor or expense. However, there may still be unforeseen reasons I can not accept you as a client that reveal themselves during the full consultation process. There is no refund for consultations that don't lead to acceptance into a coaching program.
Description of Consultation Process:
You will summarize (1) your past training, past health issues, and past fitness history, (2) your current health and lifestyle, (3) your current fitness and training routine, (4) your most recent race performances, (5) your best race performances, and (6) any known obstacles that impact your ability to adhere to a training plan through the consultation form purchased here. You will return that form to me before an appointment can be scheduled.
Zoom Appointment: Expect to schedule your Consultation Zoom Appointment within 7-10 days from the time you submit your completed form.
During the Consultation, we will focus on identifying your strengths, challenges, whether your goals are realistic based upon your past and present abilities, your availability to adequately prepare, and any other obstacles.
It is your responsibility to complete the consultation form and submit it to Shannon@CreatingMomentumCoaching.com after your purchase. There are no refunds, for any reason, once an Consultation has been purchased.